Lion Selection Group invests in junior mining and exploration companies.
- High-quality people are essential.
- Any mineral commodity, not oil and gas.
- Pre-production. Project expansion by exception.
- Equity only: generally seek 5–20% shareholding.
- Lion can contemplate unlisted investments and companies listed on any exchange. Lion provides seed, pre-IPO and ongoing funding.
- Investment targets must subscribe to practices consistent with or parallel to the World Bank’s sustainability policies for exploration and mining.
Lion’s Net Tangible Asset Backing as at 31 August 2016
|Commodity||Market Value A$M||% Portfolio|
|Egan Street Resources||Gold||2.1|
|Cash dedicated to Africa1||1.3||32%|
|One Asia Resources2||Gold||9.1|
|Uncommitted Net Cash||11.1||29%|
|Net Tangible Assets|
|NTA Per Share||39c|
1 Includes committed cash of US$0.8 million to AFL3.
2 One Asia at a value of A$0.18/share.
Note: The above table includes investments held directly by Lion and the value to Lion of investments which are held by African and Asian Lion Funds